Burning Permit Notice
In October 2009, the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation revised burning regulations that affected all communities in New York State. Burning permits are no longer issued by the Town of Dover. Open burning in NYS is prohibited with the following exceptions:
- Campfires less than 3 feet in height and 4 feet in length, width or diameter are allowed.
- Small cooking fires are allowed.
- Fires cannot be left unattended and must be fully extinguished.
- Only charcoal or clean, untreated or unpainted wood can be burned.
- Ceremonial or celebratory bonfires are allowed.
Please visit the NYS DEC’s website for additional important information before you burn.