Some examples where building permits are required are, making structural changes to the building, adding additional bathrooms, installing a new deck, shed of any size, pools, fences, retaining walls, installing new roofing (in excess of 50 square feet).
The term "building permit" also encompasses other types of building improvements, such as, adding central air conditioning, generators, wood/pellet stoves, oil tank removal, fuel conversion and solar panels.
The following are some examples of home improvements that may be performed without a permit: Painting, vinyl siding, and roofing repair less than 50 square feet.
For a complete understanding of what requires a permit, please look over our permit applications online or call the Building Department Office at (845) 832-6111 Ext. 103. Our Office is open during regular business hours from Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please note that Inspections are by appointment only.
Applications will not be considered until all required documents, copies and fees are submitted.
Applications require approximately 1 to 4 weeks to process depending on project complexity.
Complete packages may be picked up at the Building Department at the Town Hall.
NOTICE: THE START OF CONSTRUCTION WITHOUT A PERMIT WILL RESULT IN A PENALTY OF 200% OF PERMIT FEE.
Applications are frequently updated; please download the latest application before submission.
- Application for Blasting Permit
- Application for Decks, Handicap Ramps, Covered / Screened / Enclosed Porches
- Application for Demolition Permit
- Application for Fences, Stone / Retaining Walls
- Application for Erosion and Sediment Control Permit Less Than 200sqft
- Application for New Homes, Conversions, and Additions
- Application for Fireworks Display Permit
- Application for Fuel Burning and Mechanical Equipment
- Application for Peddlers / Vending Permit
- Application for Pools and Hot Tubs
- Application for Replacement of Manufactured Homes
- Application for Sheds, Garages, Pole Barns, Carports, and Gazebos
- Application for Sign Permit
- Application for Roofs, Windows, Doors, and Skylights